Monday, March 21, 2011

Yoga Challenge - Days 11 and 12 - Back on Track

Hello Challengers!  Yesterday I wasn't feeling well and actually didn't do my practice.  In the morning I felt like I could do a gentle, restorative practice, but kept putting it off and I didn't get it done.  I think I'm like most people who intend to do something first thing in the morning, then put it off and it never happens.  Obviously it is best to get things done as soon as possible.  Of course, what's even better, especially with a daily practice, is to do it at the same time every day.  That way, after it becomes a habit, your mind and body get clued in to what is going on and you get the most benefit.  At a time like this, though, you can only let the past go, concentrate on this very moment and do the best you can do, right here, right now.

Today I was feeling much better!  This morning I cranked out 65 minutes of asana and 35 minutes of meditation.  I am back on track!

Namaste,
Julie

2 comments:

Aunt Pam said...

Good for you, Julie. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well.

SweetMan said...

So Glad your feeling Better Julie! I am enjoying the Challenge...Looking forward to what I can do after my surgery...I am sure you can come up with some poses for me. You seriously made up for the sick day...