Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yoga Challenge - Day 3 - Promises to Keep

Hello All!  It is 11:59 p.m. right now, and I just got back from a wonderful evening out.  But like my home practice for this Challenge, I promised myself, and you, that I would blog every day about my practice.  So, here I am keeping my commitment.

I have found that once I break a promise to myself, it is easier to break it again.  Have you found that to be true, as well?  It is much easier for me to keep a commitment to someone else, in this case all of you, that it is to keep a commitment to myself.  I guess I still have lessons to learn regarding yesterday's blog about loving myself.  I have read, and discussed with others, the idea that keeping commitments to yourself gives you a sense of trust in yourself.   And, it is easier to love someone you trust, in this case yourself.  I think it is true, and I think it is important.  Why keep commitments to others and not think yourself worthy of keeping commitments to yourself?  It really doesn't make much sense, does it?

About my practice, this morning I did a few minutes of pranayama, 45 minutes of asana, and 10 minutes of meditation.  Then I had a relaxing and really fun, ordinary kind of day.  I hope your day was as great as mine was!

No comments: