Friday, March 11, 2011

Yoga Challenge - Day 2 - Loving Me

This morning I did 10 minutes of pranayama, 1 hour asana, 40 minutes yoga nidra, and 20 minutes meditation.

I never know what I might want to listen to while I practice, sometimes I don't listen to anything at all.  Today I started out listening to Tim McGraw, whose music I don't think I have ever done yoga to.  Anyway, I was listening to a song called "One of These Days."  I like the song, and the last verse says, "One of these days I'm going to love me."  Isn't that what it is all about?  I think loving yourself is one of the best reasons to have a home practice, and a great way to show yourself some love.  Home practice is a great place to learn about yourself, and learn santosha, acceptance of what is, which leads to acceptance of ourselves and those in our lives, just as we are.

After Tim McGraw, I went for Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Minnie Driver, and finished with The Beatles.

One thing I do want to mention is that today, with the Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan, we were reminded that we are all citizens of the world, we are all human beings, and we are all connected.  What started in Japan was a crisis of our planet, not just Japan, and it affected many people here at home in the U.S. and in other countries.  It is such a tragedy, the destruction, the loss, and the pain of those who were injured and those who lost their lives. In the spirit of the true meaning of Yoga (unity/oneness), please remember those who are suffering.  Put in a prayer, a loving, compassionate thought or good energy for the Japanese people, and for the victims, their friends and families, no matter what their nationality.

My hope is that you will all have fun during the Challenge and learn something about yourself in the process.  I will leave you with a song, "Here Comes the Sun," the last song of my practice this morning.  Tomorrow is a new day, with a new sunrise.

4 comments:

Aunt Pam said...

I am sad to say I did not practice yesterday. I let everything else get in the way. This challenge is.very challenging.

Unknown said...

It's just part of the learning process, no biggie. As the meditation gurus say "begin again," and go from there. What's really great is that you were able to be honest and say that you did not practice. That's really awesome!

Honey said...

I am glad that you practice everyday and you spend long time for practicing the yoga. You have ideal schedule which I like to follow with my hatha yoga teacher training.
I pray for the Japanese who faced tsunami and earthquake.

Honey

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting, Honey! I, too, pray for healing for the people of Japan and everywhere, who are victims, friends and family or the earthquake and tsunami. I'll check out your teacher training. I have a 200 hr certificate and am now working toward my 500 hr certificate, so I don't really need another training program, but I like to look anyway. ;)