Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Yoga Challenge - Day 1

This morning I did my yoga and meditation practice.  It was 5 minutes of pranayama, 30 minutes of asana, 20 minutes of yoga nidra (yogic sleep), and 15 minutes of meditation.  I was very tired this morning after not sleeping long enough last night, so I honestly didn't want to do anything at all.  Of course, once I got started I was happy to be doing my practice, and 100% mindful and engaged.  I think one of the most important thoughts in creating a personal practice is to "just do it."  Once you get started, momentum is created.  When you create that momentum every day, you can maintain the momentum over the long haul.  "See" you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Aunt Pam said...

You did much better than me. I meditated for 10 minutes, practiced asanas for 20 minutes. Small, but a start. :)

Unknown said...

That's great, Pam! Even small is a good place to start. Keep it up!