Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Kids Yoga Starts Today!!!

WOOHOO!  I am so excited!  I love kids and am happy to be able to share the gifts of yoga with them.

Classes will be held on Wednesdays, starting today, and are at 3:30 to 4:15 (ages 4-7), and 4:30 to 5:30 (ages 8-12).

Kids yoga has many benefits, other than being down-right FUN, including:

Relaxation
Builds confidence and self-esteem
Increases concentration and focus
Enhances overall physical health, including increased strength, flexibility, coordination and balance
Promotes creativity while exercising their imagination
Develops mind, body and community awareness

I plan on having the classes for the summer, except for on August 11, when I will be out of town for a required teacher training retreat (I am in the 500 hr teacher training at Yoga Loka in Reno-already have my 200 hr and want to play bigger!).  If there is interest in continuing through the school year, I will re-evaluate at that time.  (I want to continue the classes!!!)

1 comment:

SweetMan said...

Sounds Like great fun...wish I was a Kid again...not! I enjoy going to you Yoga classes when I am in town. You are an OUTSTANDING teacher...

Student
Sweetman